Sunday, December 18, 2005

Me (not to be mistaken for an E-book cover model!)

I thought the pink hat photo would look good against the black background!

This photo was taken at the Pebble Beach concours d'elegance a couple of years ago by professional photographer Bob Puffer, who kindly gave me permission to use the photo.
You can't tell that the misty background is 18th Green at the Lodge, looking towards the sea containing bobbing knots of kelp and a few sea otters.

If you were wondering, that is why I wouldn't dream of trimming the photo, even if only I know what it is that you can't see.

The hat is a hand-me-down from my mother, who needed one for my wedding but otherwise is not a hat person. Inspired by the famous photograph of Princess of Wales wearing her pearls knotted down her back, I flipped up the brim at the back and affixed a bow-shaped brooch of mother of pearl and tarnished silver--I love the color of silver tarnish!

That is the color I gave to my FORCED MATE hero's eyes.

The dress was given to me by my maternal grandmother when her vital statistics shifted with age. My bust was, and still is, approximately in the right place for this dress, but I always found the dress more comfortable with the mandarin collar unbuttoned.

I love this dress. It reminds me of wisteria or one of those pastel-flowering vines that grow all over aged, ochre hued Cotswold stone buildings in Shakespeare country, with a touch of silvery green aspen leaves, and English sweet peas.

I have a paintbox of colored tights that I can wear with it, depending on my mood and the gravitas of the occasion. I figure, if Christian Dior makes opaque colored tights, they can't be a fashion No-No in all circles, nevertheless I am careful where I wear my elderberry purple tights.

:-)

No comments: