Monday, December 19, 2005

I don't like Mondays

I don't!
Unless, that is, I get a lot of writing done.

Today I wrote seven new pages for INSUFFICIENT MATING MATERIAL, which is the sequel to FORCED MATE, and is basically Survivorman with Sex. It is actually a lot more than that, but I'm not trying to sell Insufficient Mating Material to anyone except my editor.

Seven fresh pages is OK. It's 1,700 words, and the protagonists weren't simply passing the time of day. The heroine was seriously upset with the hero for not telling her that he'd shot down a couple of people --his own troublemaking sister, and the heroine's ex-- and marooned them on a desert island.

Later in the day, my child --school is over for the winter holiday-- and I got out our artificial off-white, white tree, and we decorated it with dark sapphire blue, silver and white baubles .... we also added non-color coordinated plastic lizards, snakes and frogs, because my child thinks these creatures are cool.

Christmas is a time for give and take.



No comments: