Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The countdown skips....

As a diarist, I'm terrible! The week that I've skipped has been a blur and a flurry.

If my book is released on September 30th, that means I have approximately five weeks to get myself organized.


Tuesday 19th.http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.photo.gif (Day 7?)
Spent a little time on EONS.com, also on LibraryThing.com

At midnight my GoodReads.com giveaway of 5 ARCs to GoodReaders in the USA came to an end. My giveaways for the rest of the world are still going.

Wednesday 20th (Day 8)
I notified and congratulated the winners, considered thanking the remaining 340 entrants, but decided that contacting them even on GoodReads might be too much like stalking, so I didn't.

Posted ARCs to the winners. I think Wednesday was also the day that I became aware of the international day of blog action (for Poverty).

"There is one topic and everyone is asked to register their blog as participating and then to blog about the topic on October 15th. This year's topic is Poverty."

http://blogactionday.org


Aside... I shall be posting an interview with a Capuchin monk who has taken vows of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience. I worked on the questions on Monday.

This isn't strictly about promotion, but I feel "called" to participate. I am an author of humorous, racy romances, but I can use my communication talents to help.

Thursday 21st
Firmed up details for an interview on terrestrial radio in mid-September. Agonized about whether my time during my release week would be better spent on the internet, or sitting hopefully in a local bookstore, hoping people will buy my book!

Spent the rest of the day working up an interview (interviewing 'Rhett, hero of Knight's Fork) for a feature at The Romance Studio. Doing interviews is a day's work. I'd probably be better off if I typed ten to twenty pages of the next book.

On the other hand, I consider interviews as an alternative to writing free short stories as a gift to my readers.

Michele posted a fantastic review of Knight's Fork on LASR. I told some friends. I really ought to have posted a link to it on all the yahoogroups that allow PROMO, but it was Thursday, which isn't one of the days favored for PROMO.


Friday 22nd

Deborah Macgillivray posted a lovely review on GoodReads.com of Knight's Fork.

Changed the print cartridge (printing is so expensive, I try to get every last good copy from a print cartridge, even if I have to wait ten minutes for residual ink to trickle into place from the exhausted old one). Printed several FAQ sheets for reviewers and readers' groups.

I'm including suggested discussion topics in my cover letters to readers' group leaders. I recycled some of my own questions, and put them up on GoodReads.com in my "Author Group".

Late on Friday night, Pat Rouse sent out her updated list of Readers' Groups. There were eight new ones. I got ARCs and intro letters into Saturday's outgoing mail.


Saturday and Sunday, I heard that Michele's review was up for an award, so spent a little time on Facebook and MySpace taking advantage of the news to let social networking friends know about Knight's Fork.

I've already mentioned what I did on Monday (Poverty interview)

Today is August 26th. Most Romance Writers of American chapter webmistresses and newsletter editors like their member news on or around the twenty-fifth of any given month.

It's a great idea to keep a calendar, and remember to send out whatever news an author has every month, anyway.

I've just sent out news of a couple of fantastic reviews that came in over the weekend, and also of a contest that a review of Knight's Fork won.

No comments: